I came across a new app called “Happier” the other day. Basically, you post memories or things that make you happy and share them with other members. So, I decided to create my own list of simple things that make me happy (in no significant order). Enjoy.
1) Children laughing. There are few things greater than hearing a carefree child laugh uncontrollably.
2) Old people. You know what I’m talking about (and if you don’t, you have no soul). They are just precious. I love to just smile and them and get a huge smile back. And don’t get me started on the old husband and wife holding hands in the mall. Cuteness overloaddddd.
3) Good books. I recently have discovered that I actually enjoy reading. The last few weeks I have spent countless hours reading and finding myself engrossed in the books.
4) Teaching someone anything. This is one of the greatest feelings ever for me. I love when I’ve been trying to teach someone something and the “light bulb” moment when they finally get it. Not to mention, I totally love learning anything and everything that I can.
5) Good food. Oh man, one of my favorite things to do is eat. I loveeeee food. I’m a very picky eater, but I can tell you who has the greatest cheeseburgers in every county around.
6) Sunshine. Especially when I feel like it’s going to rain forever. Cloudy days totally put a damper on my mood.
7) Getting an “A”. Don’t play–you know what I’m talking about. Pretend it’s no big deal; I know your insides are doing cartwheels with excitement.
8) Puppies. Is an explanation really necessary for this one? Is anything really better than adorable, loving puppies?
9) Clean sheets. One of the greatest feelings in the world is climbing into cold sheets (in the summer) that smell like Heaven.
10) Grown men talking to babies and/or children. You know what I’m talking about– the “baby voice”. There isn’t much more attractive than seeing a manly man hanging out with a child and carrying on conversations with them.
11) PJ days. Those every-once-in-a-while days where I don’t have to get out of my pajamas, do my hair, or leave the house. Ah, those are the best.
12) Doing something nice for someone. Even if it’s something small. Just smiling at someone or holding the door for a little old lady might make someone else’s day.
So what makes you happy? I don’t mean the new outfit you bought the other day or your new car– just something simple. What makes you smile? 🙂